Wednesday, July 31, 2013

EDM 49 - Interior of the Fridge

I'm away from home, sitting with a relative in the hospital, and I snapped a picture of the fridge of the home where I'm staying before I left for the day. While sitting in the hospital cafeteria, I drew the outlines from the photo on my iPhone. Then, I sat in the hospital room and painted while holding the paper on a makeshift lap desk with my palette and water dish perched nearby. Nurses came and went, and I experienced for the first time having strangers ask what I was painting. I'm just glad I didn't have to explain WHY I was doing a painting of the inside of a fridge. They were kind and did not ask. 


This is my favorite kind of illustration to do. It's fairly unrealistic because of the absolute straight-on, flat perspective. It feels like coloring in a grown-up coloring book. I realize this will never reach the level of framable art, but that's okay. It reached the level of fun art. Good enough for today!
EDM 49 - Interior of Fridge; 3x3" watercolor

No comments:

Post a Comment