Saturday, July 20, 2013

EDM 28 - An Appliance

If your grandmother had a Kitchen Aid, it's probably still going strong, and accessories you buy today will still work with it. (Apple, are you listening?!) It is a remarkably simple machine and timeless in design. Most companies fiddle endlessly with their products, convincing consumers that they need the latest design, even if the old one still works. A Kitchen Aid is an investment. They are built to last, and they do. I find it refreshing that they have remained relatively unchanged for decades with the exception of the wild and wonderful colors now available. When choosing mine a few years back, it was tempting to go with something bright and trendy. Instead, I went safe, figuring that it might have to blend in with more than one change in kitchen color. So, my Kitchen Aid is black, but I suspect it secretly dreams of being the beautiful color below.

P.S. Don't miss my typo on the front round plate! So many times I have done this: fussed the letters and misspelled the word!
EDM 28 - An Appliance; 3x3" watercolor

No comments:

Post a Comment