Sunday, July 21, 2013

EDM 33 - An Eye

So, I sometimes have these conversations with myself. Today, it went something like this:

"So, what are we drawing today?"
"An eye."
"Aha. Does it have to be an ordinary eye?"
"Of course not."
"Good! I want to do a peacock feather. You know? 'Cuz it looks sort of like an...."
"Yeah. I get it. Do you think you can do it?"
"I dunno, but it's worth a try. Only thing is, it's gonna take some time."
"No problem. It's Sunday! Go for it."

So, my 1/4" flat brush and I got busy. There is A LOT of watercolor paint on this little 3" square!
 
EDM 33 - An Eye; 3x3" watercolor with yellow gel pen





So, the next conversation went something like this:

"You should scan this one properly."
"Yeah, you could be right."
"And, you should probably run it through Photoshop for a levels and saturation adjustment because your scanner drains the vibrancy out of everything."
"MY scanner?"
"Yup."
"Well, at least I have a scanner."
"What's yours is mine."
"Uh huh. You know, if you look at this thing long enough, it starts to look like a pig snout."
"Oh, shut up!"
"It does!"
"Scan the picture, would ya?"
"Aye. Aye, Captain."
"Great. Now I can't see anything but a pig snout."
"You're welcome."
Peacock "Eye," 3x3" watercolor, enhanced in Photoshop

No comments:

Post a Comment