Tuesday, September 9, 2014

EDM 226 - A Screw

I thought it was about time for another one of my imaginary store "shingles." This is the third, I think. Why do I do these? No idea.

What I do know is that if I'm told to draw a screw, I won't be drawing a boring, metal piece of hardware. I'm rebellious that way. Instead I thought about what my grandma used to call earrings. She did not have pierced ears, so none of her earrings were actual "rings." She called hers ear screws, because that's how they worked. They were torture to wear. Put holes in my ears any day rather than ask me to wear ear screws. Grandma was tough!
EDM 226 - A Screw; 3x3" watercolor

1 comment:

  1. This certainly made me smile. I remember those earrings - my mom wore them for many years before my best friend decided to take her and get them pierced. Hooray for best friends.

    ReplyDelete