Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Everyday in May 2014

For the second year, I'm participating in the Everyday in May challenge where group members follow a set list of daily prompts and post their paintings to the Facebook group page. It was this challenge last year that pushed me to make painting a daily, or almost daily, discipline, so I am excited to participate again this year. I will again use a small, 3.5"x5" Strathmore Visual Journal, which has 90lb mixed media paper. I really like the size and the paper, and at the end of the month, I'll have another full journal to remind me of this delightful project.

Last year I was deep in planning my daughter's wedding during the EDiM challenge. The wedding took place June 8. I think having the creative outlet and the daily assignment that had nothing to do with the wedding kept me sane through that crazy busy time. Creative activity really can be a the greatest distraction!
Strathmore Visual Journal

No comments:

Post a Comment